Surf Taiwan News, Browse the World »
New hearing set Monday in Army general's sex case
Fort Bragg hearing set Monday in Army general's sex-assault case as plea deal talks continue
By EMERY P. DALESIO
Associated Press
2014-03-15 11:42 PM

RALEIGH, North Carolina (AP) -- The trial of an Army general accused of sexual assaulting a female captain under his command heads back to a Fort Bragg courtroom.

Officials at the North Carolina Army base say the trial of Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair suddenly postponed last week will resume Monday.

Sinclair spokesman Josh Zeitz says there haven't been any major developments since the trial judge on Tuesday sent the jury of five two-star generals back to their duty stations around the world.

Zeitz says negotiations over a plea bargain continue and Monday's hearing will deal with procedural issues if the trial continues later.

Sinclair is the former deputy commander of the 82nd Airborne Division. He's accused of twice forcing a female captain to perform oral sex on him during a three-year extramarital affair.

HOME |  WORLD |  Politics |  Business |  Sports |  Lifestyle |  TAIWAN |  Technology |  Health |  SUPPLEMENT |  Society |  OPINION
  • Taiwan News  ©  2014 All Rights Reserved.